Wednesday, August 3rd
Valley Youth Center’s Golf Scramble
11:oo a.m. @ Enger Golf Course – 5:00 p.m. banquet @ Gopher Bar, 402 N. Central Ave. Duluth.
All proceeds benefit the Valley Youth Center. For information about registering your four person team and hole sponsorship opportunities or contact Russ Salgy, Valley Youth Centers, 218-464-5071 extension #100.
Ramsey Square Stage Entertainment – 4:oo PM to 10 PM
4:00 – 5:00 pm – Miss West Duluth Pageant
5:00 – 6:00 pm
6:00 – 9:00 pm – Spirit Valley Days Car Show
- Those showing cars enter on Bristol Street off of Central Avenue by the Little Store. Parking in the Spirit Valley Mall lot will be restricted to shoppers and car show exhibitors. Spectators are asked to find alternate parking. Parking is available behind the mall under the freeway.
- *we are asking that there be no Bicycles in the car show area during this event for the safety of others and the classic cars. We also are asking that anyone with a stroller please be mindful of your surroundings and the cars. We want to do everything possible to avoid any damage to the cars with the least inconvenience possible.
7:00 – 10:00 pm – LIVE MUSIC ON TWO STAGES
Thursday, August 4th
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Grilling & Serving Food in the Parking Lot – West Duluth American Legion
7:30 pm – 10:00 pm FREE Swing Dancing – West Duluth American Legion
Ramsey Square Stage Entertainment
4:00 – 5:00 pm – Hamlin Music Student Performances
5:00 – 6:00 pm
6 pm – Spirit Valley Days Parade
Starts at 59th Ave. W. & Grand Ave.to Central Ave., South along Central Ave. to Bristol St., East on Bristol St. and disburses on Mike Colalillo Drive. Visit the Parade page to see the map!
LIVE MUSIC ON TWO STAGES!
7:00 – 10:00 pm
Friday, August 7th
7:00 am – Noon – Pancake Breakfast – American Legion
- Adult – $6.00, Children – $3.00
- Meet the new Miss West Duluth and her court!
7:00 am – Noon – Health Fair – American Legion
UMD College of Pharmacy students will offer: blood pressure; cholesterol; glucose and bone density screenings. A pharmacist will be available to answer questions about medications.
4:00pm – 7:00pm – Grilling & Serving Food in the Parking Lot – West Duluth American Legion
7:00 – 1:00 am – Traditional Spirit Valley Days Street Dance
- Admission is $10 at the gate. Must be 21 or older.
- Pop Rocks – Mr. D’s & Kom-On-Inn Stage
- Uncle Chunk – Rustic Bar Variety Stage
7:00 pm – Midnight – Valley Youth Center Teen Dance
- FREE to those in 6th grade & older. Music, food, games, open gym, prizes and Sammy’s Pizza at the Valley Youth Center.
- 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Open Gym
- 10:30 – Pop & Pizza
- 10:00 pm – midnight – Teen Dance
7:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Todd Eckart – West Duluth American Legion
Saturday, August 6th
8:30 am – 10:00 am – Run Like an Animal 5K Run/Walk @ the Lake Superior Zoo. This 5k fun run and walk is the only time you are allowed to run wild through the zoo! Everyone from serious trail runners to families love this event. Come as you favorite animal or dress as your perfect self and support the zoo. Afterwards, Party Like An Animal with prizes, refreshments, entertainment, zoo animals and more!
9:00 – 11:00 am – Frummage Sale
- A FREE Rummage sale. If you can use it, take it! Next to Video Vision in the Valley Center Mall. Hosted by Westside Vineyard Church
9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Family Rummage Sale
- West Duluth American Legion
9:00 am – Noon – Canoe & Kayak Tour & Picnic
Join the St. Louis River Alliance and tour the lower St. Louis River. Canoes, kayaks and pontoon spaces are available. Launch from the Munger Landing. Cost is $10 for non-members and $5 for members. Register at www.stlouisriver.org or call 218-733-9502.
9:00 am – 11:00 am – Western Garden Tour Breakfast
- Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W)
10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Western Garden Tour
- Starts at Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W). A self-guided tour of 11 of the best gardens in the area. $10 includes a light breakfast and a map to the featured gardens.
Noon – 4:00 pm – Family Fun Day in Memorial Park
- FREE Kids Activities:Free food and cotton candy, while supplies last. Large inflatable obstacle course with slides; giant Batman bouncer; Moonwalk; Gladiator Joust and many other activities including: music; Zumba; face painting; t-shirt painting; soap carving (with wooden sticks); watercolor painting and drawing table with crayons, markers and pencils; craft table to make puppets, door hangers and more.
- Noon – 1:00 pm – Disney Spectacular – Superior Singers – The Superior Singers will take you to “The Happiest Place on Earth” when they perform the wonderful Disney music everyone grew up with.
- Noon – 3:00 pm – Visit from the Lake Superior Zoo’s Zoomobile
- 1:00 pm – Home Depot Kids Workshop
11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Grilling & Serving Food in the Parking Lot – West Duluth American Legion
Sunday, Aug. 7th
5:00 pm – Neighborhood Worship Celebration
The Westside Vineyard Church invites you to celebrate with them. They’re located in the Spirit Valley Mall near Western Bank.