Wednesday, August 2nd
Ramsey Square Entertainment – 5:oo PM to 10 PM
5:00 – 6:00 pm – Miss West Duluth Pageant
6:00 – 7:00 pm – Sidney Hansen
7:00 – 10:00 pm – Todd Eckart
5:00 – 8:00 pm – Kyle Smalley Memorial Car Show – Grand Ave.
The Kyle Smalley Memorial Car Show is a FREE event for both exhibitors and spectators. This year’s event will be held on Grand Ave. between N. Central Ave. and 59th Ave. W. Participants are asked to arrive between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm and enter at N. Central Ave. The car show will conclude at 8:00 pm and participants will exit at 50th Ave. West. Several of Kyle’s vehicles will be on display near Mr. D’s.
NO BIKES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAR SHOW AREA. PARENTS WITH STROLLERS PLEASE EXERCISE CARE SO AS NOT TO DAMAGE VEHICLES ON DISPLAY.
Relocating the Kyle Smalley Memorial Car show to Grand Ave. has been made possible by the generous support of: Kolor – Chevrolet, Buick GMC; Allstate Insurance – Christopher Gardner Agency; Advance Auto Parts; Sinnott Blacktop; West Duluth American Legion; Mr. D’s Bar & Grill; John’s Twin Ports Recycling; Duke’s Towing; and Gannucci’s Italian Restaurant.
Thursday, August 3rd
10:00 am – 7:00 pm – Friends of the Library Book Sale – West Duluth Library
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Grilling & Serving Food in the Parking Lot – West Duluth American Legion
Ramsey Square Stage Entertainment
5:00 – 6:00 pm – Maintenance Free
6 pm – Spirit Valley Days Parade
Starts at 59th Ave. W. & Grand Ave.to Central Ave., South along Central Ave. to Ramsey St., East on Ramsey St. and disburses on Mike Colalillo Drive. Visit the Parade page to see the map!
7:00 – 10:00 pm – Silver Streak
Friday, August 4th
7:00 am – Noon – Pancake Breakfast – American Legion
- Adult – $6.00, Children – $3.00
- Meet the new Miss West Duluth and her court!
7:00 am – Noon – Health Fair – American Legion
7:oo – 10:00 pm – Todd Eckart – West Duluth American Legion
7:00 – 1:00 am – Traditional Spirit Valley Days Street Dance
- $5.00 advanced tickets are available thru July and may be purchased at the Kom-On-Inn, Mr. D’s Bar & Grill and the Rustic Bar.
- Admission is $7.00 at the gate. Must be 21 or older.
- Door prize drawings from 7 to 9 p.m. – must be present to win!
- Common Ground
Saturday, August 5th
8:30 am – 10:00 am – Run Like an Animal 5K Run/Walk @ the Lake Superior Zoo. This 5k fun run and walk is the only time you are allowed to run wild through the zoo! Everyone from serious trail runners to families love this event. Come as you favorite animal or dress as your perfect self and support the zoo. Afterwards, Party Like An Animal with prizes, refreshments, entertainment, zoo animals and more!
9:00 am – 11:00 am – Western Garden Tour Breakfast
- Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W)
9:30 am – 2:30 pm – Western Garden Tour (Rain of Shine)
- Starts at Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W). A self-guided tour of some of the best gardens in the area. $10 includes a continental breakfast, “Ask a Master Gardener” and a map to the featured gardens. For information call 218-590-1964.
4:00 pm – 11:00 pm Family Fun Day in Memorial Park
- 4:00 – 8:00 p.m – FREE kids games and activities! Including large inflatables; music; Zumba demonstrations; face painting and more.
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm – All About Music – A group of young adult vocalists and musicians, from Dana Caroll’s Music Studio in Proctor, MN. They perform a variety of music from musical theater, to country, to patriotic and gospel. They are under the direction of Dana C. Copiskey.
- 8:00 – 9:00 pm – Superior Singers – “Let’s Go to the Movies” – The Superior Singers will perform songs and themes from the silver screen that the whole family will enjoy.
- 9:00 – 11:00 pm – Movie in the Park – “Trolls” Bring your blanket and some bug spray and enjoy this Dreamworks animated adventure movie under the stars. After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy (Anna Kendrick), the happiest Troll ever born, and the overly-cautious, curmudgeonly Branch (Justin Timberlake) set off on a journey to rescue her friends. Their mission is full of adventure and mishaps, as this mismatched duo try to tolerate each other long enough to get the job done.
Sunday, Aug. 6th
5:00 pm – Westside Vineyard Church
The Westside Vineyard Church invites you to join them for a celebration of community.