Wednesday, August 1st
Ramsey Square Entertainment – 5:oo PM to 10 PM
5:00 – 6:00 pm – Miss West Duluth Pageant
6:00 – 7:00 pm – Sydney Hanson
7:00 – 10:00 pm – Laura Velvet and the Bookhouse Boys
4:00 – 8:00 pm – Kyle Smalley Memorial Car Show – Grand Ave.
The Kyle Smalley Memorial Car Show is a FREE event for both exhibitors and spectators. This year’s event will be held on Grand Ave. between N. Central Ave. and 59th Ave. W. Participants are asked to arrive between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm and enter at N. Central Ave. The car show will conclude at 8:00 pm and participants will exit at 50th Ave. West. Several of Kyle’s vehicles will be on display near Mr. D’s.
NO BIKES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CAR SHOW AREA. PARENTS WITH STROLLERS PLEASE EXERCISE CARE SO AS NOT TO DAMAGE VEHICLES ON DISPLAY.
Relocating the Kyle Smalley Memorial Car show to Grand Ave. has been made possible by the generous support of: Valley Youth Centers; Advance Auto; West Duluth American Legion; Mr. D’s Bar & Grill; Duluth Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram; and Duke’s Towing.
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Grilling & Serving Food in the Parking Lot – West Duluth American Legion
6:00 pm – Wednesday Night At The Races – Public School StadiumThe Young Athletes Foundation and Grandma’s Marathon invite children 14 and under to take part in running races. Registration is between 5 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. and the races begin at 6 p.m. beginning with the Courage Duluth wheelchair division (when offered) followed by the youngest age group and ending with the oldest children. The races draw an average of more than 400 children per night.
Thursday, August 2nd
10:00 am – 7:00 pm – Friends of the Library Book Sale – West Duluth Library
4:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Grilling & Serving Food in the Parking Lot – West Duluth American Legion
Ramsey Square Stage Entertainment
5:00 – 6:00 pm – Denfeld Jazz Band
6 pm – Spirit Valley Days Parade
Starts at 59th Ave. W. & Grand Ave.to Central Ave., South along Central Ave. to Ramsey St., East on Ramsey St. and disburses on Mike Colalillo Drive. Visit the Parade page to see the map!
7:00 – 10:00 pm – AfterShock
Friday, August 3rd
7:00 am – Noon – Pancake Breakfast – American Legion
- Adult – $6.00, Children – $3.00
- Meet the new Miss West Duluth and her court!
7:00 am – Noon – Health Fair – American Legion
7:oo – 10:00 pm – Todd Eckart – West Duluth American Legion
7:00 – 1:00 am – Traditional Spirit Valley Days Street Dance
- $5.00 advanced tickets are available thru July and may be purchased at the Kom-On-Inn, Mr. D’s Bar & Grill and the Rustic Bar.
- Admission is $8.00 at the gate. Must be 21 or older.
- Silver Streak
- Tempted Fate
Saturday, August 4th
9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Rummage Sale – West Duluth American Legion – They’ll also be grilling and serving food in the parking lot.
9:00 am – 11:00 am – Western Garden Tour Breakfast
- Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W)
9:30 am – 2:30 pm – Western Garden Tour (Rain of Shine)
- Starts at Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W). A self-guided tour of some of the best gardens in the area. $10 includes a continental breakfast, “Ask a Master Gardener” and a map to the featured gardens. For information call 218-590-1964.
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Silly Saturday – Lake Superior Zoo
- Silly & fun zoo-themed challenges; sno-cone experiments; mad scientist floats; special animal enrichments; and the Duluth Children’s Museum’s “Bubble Field”.
- 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm – Kids Day in Memorial Park
- A variety of fun activities for the kids and families.
- 8:45 pm – 11:00 pm – Outdoor Movie in Memorial Park – The Incredibles