Saturday, August 5th
8:30 am – 10:00 am – Run Like an Animal 5K Run/Walk @ the Lake Superior Zoo. This 5k fun run and walk is the only time you are allowed to run wild through the zoo! Everyone from serious trail runners to families love this event. Come as you favorite animal or dress as your perfect self and support the zoo. Afterwards, Party Like An Animal with prizes, refreshments, entertainment, zoo animals and more!
9:00 am – 11:00 am – Western Garden Tour Breakfast
- Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W)
9:30 am – 2:30 pm – Western Garden Tour (Rain of Shine)
- Starts at Norton Park United Methodist Church (436 N. 79th Ave. W). A self-guided tour of some of the best gardens in the area. $10 includes a continental breakfast, “Ask a Master Gardener” and a map to the featured gardens. For information call 218-590-1964.
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm – Rummage Sale – American Legion
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm – Serving Food in the American Legion Parking Lot
4:00 pm – 11:00 pm Family Fun Day in Memorial Park
- 4:00 – 8:00 p.m – FREE kids games and activities! Including large inflatables; music; Zumba demonstrations; face painting and more.
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm – All About Music – A group of young adult vocalists and musicians, from Dana Caroll’s Music Studio in Proctor, MN. They perform a variety of music from musical theater, to country, to patriotic and gospel. They are under the direction of Dana C. Copiskey.
- 8:00 – 9:00 pm – Superior Singers – “Let’s Go to the Movies” – The Superior Singers will perform songs and themes from the silver screen that the whole family will enjoy.
- 9:00 – 11:00 pm – Movie in the Park – “Trolls” Bring your blanket and some bug spray and enjoy this Dreamworks animated adventure movie under the stars. After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy (Anna Kendrick), the happiest Troll ever born, and the overly-cautious, curmudgeonly Branch (Justin Timberlake) set off on a journey to rescue her friends. Their mission is full of adventure and mishaps, as this mismatched duo try to tolerate each other long enough to get the job done.
Sunday, Aug. 6th
5:00 pm – Westside Vineyard Church
The Westside Vineyard Church invites you to join them for a celebration of community.